Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently seeking a knowledgeable AWS engineer with experience deploying Lambda-based server-less applications to deploy new services for our ever-growing platform. This is greenfield development: While the services you develop will be utilized by existing systems, you will be starting from scratch as we begin to develop our server less practice. If the prospect of forging new technical ground within our company is exciting, please apply; if it’s scary, this is not the right opportunity for you. Serious applicants should be self-starters who appreciate working with a team, but who thrive when given the opportunity to create something out of nothing.
We want people who are disciplined but also creative, and unafraid to jump into projects that will be seen and used by millions of people. This position requires full-time employment; remote work is acceptable.
- 2+ years of experience hands-on experience creating serverless applications on AWS using Lambda and NodeJS.
- Demonstrated experience using Cloudwatch to monitor your applications.
- Experience working with APIs, either integrating a third-party API or creating your own when necessary.
- Facility with source control, particularly git and Github, as used in multi-developer projects.
- Experience with any of these AWS services: Glue, RDS, Lambda@Edge, Cloudfront, S3, Athena, SageMaker.
- Experience migrating traditional “monolithic” systems to a serverless architecture.
- AWS Developer certification.
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Adtech experience.
- Knowledge of unit testing methodologies, particularly as applied to NodeJS development and server less environments.
- Experience working in a team using Agile development and project management practices.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and processing best practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time