Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest-growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently seeking a Lead Video Developer to aid in the ongoing development and enhancement of our advanced web video player and the video ad units which it supports. Serious applicants should be able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the complexities of web-based video, common pitfalls encountered by video developers, and a detailed understanding of how to manage those challenges to create robust, scalable, bug-free video products. Candidates will also have prior experience with video ad formats, technology, and concepts, and be able to apply them to Playwire’s video ad products. In this role, you’ll be a major owner of the technology behind these products - a thought leader, providing architectural insights, code review, and automated testing support, alongside the traditional code work itself. You’ll also provide a touchpoint for stakeholders outside the tech group looking to understand the technical side of our products.
We want people who are disciplined but also creative, and unafraid to jump into projects that will be seen and used by millions of people. You'll immediately be a key member of an Agile development team with a wide variety of responsibilities and opportunities.
- Specific experience with web-based video development.
- Specific experience working with the VAST and VPAID specifications for video advertising.
- Experience working with APIs, either integrating a third-party API or creating your own when necessary.
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with responsive design and cross-platform scripting for desktop/mobile.
- Experience working in a team using Agile development and project management practices.
- Facility with source control, particularly git and Github, as used in multi-developer projects.
- Experience participating in code reviews.
- The communications skills and temperament needed to succeed when providing technical leadership and mentorship to other developers.
- Experience developing mobile apps and/or OTT devices.
- Experience managing other developers.
- Knowledge of edge computing technologies and use cases.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and processing best practices.