Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently expanding and looking to fill a Staff Accountant position.
The Staff Accountant provides support to the Controller in all phases of the accounting/finance process.
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes
- Assist the controller with the day-to-day, monthly and year end operations of the Finance Team
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and accruals
- Assists in providing schedules, including fixed assets, prepaid expenses and accrual spreadsheets
- Perform monthly bank statements reconciliations
- Support accounts payable and accounts receivable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous register and journal
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 2+ years related experience, preferably in the advertising industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or similar software is a plus
- Experience working in a public company environment and strong working knowledge of SOX is a plus