Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently expanding and looking for a versatile and creative Graphic Illustrator/Animator.
The Graphic Illustrator/Animator is responsible for creating original UI designs, illustrations, animations, and graphics for branded web and mobile games. They will translate advertiser assets into interactive game components to communicate story, gameplay, and fun through exciting and seamless native ad campaigns. They’ll ensure that key illustrations stay on style with the game while collaborating with various disciplines to help capture the personality of the brand. A qualified candidate is skilled working on all stages of a game, comfortable working on independent projects with team feedback, displays strong independent judgement, and is eager to contribute to the product’s success on all levels.
• Concept and sketch game ideas that can be clearly communicated with the rest of the team and/or clients
• Design and establish the artistic styles for individual projects when required, mimic artistic style on existing projects
• Illustrate 2D icons, interfaces, characters, and backgrounds directly in Flash/Animate CC, Illustrator, and Photoshop within varying Brand styles
• Produce storyboards and concept art for characters, UI, and game environments
• Build 2D game environments
• Composite client assets to assist in the creation of ad games within Unity and Flash game engines
• Comfortably use vector and raster illustration techniques with ease
• Actively contribute to team discussions about stylistic, behavioral, and functional decisions
• Convert designs and illustrations into Flash, HTML5, and Unity production-quality art assets
• Create animations and special effects for objects and characters
• Create all assets using industry-established best practices
• Work directly with other artists, designers, and the creative director
• Work with creative director and clients to interpret concepts into final art assets
• Accurately estimate the time it takes to complete tasks
• Follow project specifications to finish artwork on time and within requirements
• Maintain flexibility to assist with special projects, as needed
• Aid in the development of non-game assets including company marketing materials and high-impact advertisements
Required Skills/Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree in Art, Animation, Design, or related field preferred
• 2+ years of experience in pre-production of mobile game concepts, animation, illustration, and UI design: or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Expert at Adobe Flash/Animate CC and Illustrator (illustration, animation, UI) and Adobe Photoshop (digital painting)• Have a diverse creative portfolio that showcases an in depth understanding of modern design practices
• Significant experience as an artist or animator in a high-tech environment is required
• Must be a highly skilled 2D illustrator who can draw things from the imagination• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience creating art and animation for games a must• Strong knowledge of game production best practices, including: raster and vector assets, symbols, scalability, file-size, and compression, among others
• Ability to challenge one’s self to raise the bar on his/her own work and that of the company
• Must have an upbeat, positive attitude and enjoy working on a team
• Ability to work effectively and receive criticism from others on the production team as well as clients
• Ability to stay organized, exhibit great follow-through, work within established procedures and file structures and with minimal supervision• Manage time and work efficiently and effectively in a deadline-driven, multi-project environment, knowing when to work quickly to generate conceptual ideas and when to slow down to polish assets
• Proficiency in AfterEffects or other art/design-oriented programs is highly recommended
• 3D experience a plus, but not required
• Experience with Unity a plus
• Experience with HTML5 game development a plus
Be prepared to send in your digital portfolio/demo site for us to review.