Deerfield Beach, FL
Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently seeking a Data engineer for our Deerfield Beach office.
The ideal candidate has a passion for all things data, from input to output, and loves understanding and tweaking every aspect of a successful data pipeline. They should be adept at explaining data concepts both to software developers and non-technical stakeholders, helping them to understand core concepts and the pros and cons of different approaches. Candidates should like the responsibility and opportunity for ownership and vision within our dynamic, fast-paced (and fast-changing) environment; they must be ready to move quickly while also “defending the fort”, making certain that we build our data systems in intelligent, scalable ways.
- Work out of our Deerfield Beach office. Relocation assistance available.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using database and AWS “big data” technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into key performance metrics for different areas of our business.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing “big data” data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of options for realtime analysis and presentation of data extracted from pipelines.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Nice To Haves:
- Working experience operating AWS-related data services, particularly Kinesis, Kinesis Firehose, Kinesis Analytics, Athena, RDS, and Redshift.
- Knowledge of BI toolsets.
- Experience with error logging and reporting.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.