Deerfield Beach, FL
Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently seeking a Support Engineer for our Deerfield Beach office.
The Support Engineer works with both non-technical internal teams and external clients to answer questions, diagnose and troubleshoot issues, provide technical education, and escalate bugs to the appropriate groups within the technology team. While Support Engineers do not code for our products, they sometimes craft small solutions for individual situations using coding skills. Support Engineers need to be logical, critical thinkers who are good at breaking down issues and quickly identifying their origin. They are the first line of defense for our development groups, protecting them from misidentified “bugs”, and helping to route real issues to the right teams, arming them with information that allows them to quickly solve those problems. The Support Engineer is also a strong communicator who can work collaboratively with our customers and our internal team members to help them use our technology most effectively. At their best, Support Engineers aid Playwire as a whole in developing trust of our products, technology, and services, helping to build our business through that trust.
- Research and identify solutions to technical issues
- Sort out the origins of issues, separate real technical concerns from those that are misidentified
- Work with other technical team members to make sure they understand problems and have all the information needed to take action on those problems
- Manage our support ticket system and provide a level of response appropriate to ticket priority, dealing with multiple issues in parallel
- Use calls, video chat, text chat, email, and support documentation as ways to communicate with internal and external teams
- Maintain and build out our internal and external documentation
- Provide a professional, positive experience for our customers, building relationships with them
- Use data and followup to confirm successful execution of all efforts
- Participate as needed in onboarding efforts for new customers
- Work out of our Deerfield beach office. Relocation assistance may be available.
- Demonstrated communication skills in various forms of writing and spoken communication, particularly communication regarding technical matters
- Excellent problem-solving skills, particularly in technical matters
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with technical support in some form
- Understanding of the technology behind Web video
- Understanding of the technology behind Web advertising
- Experience with tools for evaluating the performance of websites, and the technology used to build them out
- Knowledge of Web CMSes and typical Web serving and page rendering frameworks
- Experience using and evaluating data, particularly in a business context