Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video, one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
Playwire’s technology is heavily cloud-based, and we make significant efforts to keep deployments, monitoring, and overall infrastructure manageable by the development team itself. At the same time, we serve very high volumes of HTTP requests worldwide, deliver high-bandwidth video to many of those requests, operate a multitude of cloud-based services, and are constantly expanding both our offerings and feature sets.
As the DevOps Engineer, you are in charge of configuring and monitoring Playwire’s entire infrastructure, working with the dev team to manage successful deployments, managing relationships with third-party technology providers, and diving in when things go wrong. You are also responsible for identifying gaps in our processes and technology, making sure that we are on top of security concerns, patches, passwords, certificates, permissions, and best practices.
- Work out of our Deerfield Beach, FL office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ Networking preferred
- 2+ years experience
- Strong practical knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- An in-depth understanding of core internet concepts: DNS, the IP protocol, routing, etc.
- Strong practical knowledge of SQL databases
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and with common additions such as Redis
- Experience constructing and maintaining security protocols within an organization
- Experience debugging outages of both databases and Rails applications
- Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical contacts
- Experience with CDNs and edge computing a plus
- Experience with big data warehouses/lakes a plus
- Experience with Heroku a plus
- Experience with code deployment processes and management a plus