Deerfield Beach, FL
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently expanding and looking to fill a Senior Accountant position.
The Senior Accountant provides support to the VP Finance in all phases of the accounting/finance process.
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes
- Assist the VP Finance with the day-to-day, monthly and year end operations of the Finance Team
- Provide support during external audits
- Active participation with the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and accruals
- Assists in providing schedules, including fixed assets, prepaid expenses and accrual spreadsheets
- Perform monthly bank statements and credit card reconciliations
- Support accounts payable and accounts receivable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
- Prepare and post accounting journal entries
- Ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years related experience, preferably in the advertising/media industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or similar software is a plus
- Experience working in a public company environment and strong working knowledge of SOX is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment