Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest-growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager, Mobile App. The Senior Technical Product Manager is responsible for the ideation, development, launch, and management of Playwire’s digital ad products for mobile apps. They’ll play a lead role in guiding the ongoing development and enhancement of our advertising SDK for mobile apps, ensuring the product’s ongoing success in one of the fastest-growing areas of Playwire’s business. They will make recommendations to iterate the offering based on feedback, analysis, and performance data. They’re also in charge of making sure that Playwire’s technical projects are properly scheduled, understood by the developers and designers in charge of implementing them, and that all stakeholders fully understand each project’s status as it proceeds through the process of implementation and delivery.
Job duties include gathering product requirements from existing and potential customers as well as internal stakeholders, writing requirements documents and Agile product backlogs, and monitoring the implementation of each product project. The STPM will work with team members to establish and communicate good estimates of delivery timing, and deploy the right people to make sure each project is executed well and that we are using all of our resources optimally.
The STPM needs to be a great communicator who facilitates clear understanding among all team members involved in technical initiatives. They also need to be detail-oriented and able to multitask, balancing the needs of multiple projects and able to keep each moving along smoothly. The STPM also needs to pick up the basics of a variety of technologies quickly, so as to be able to understand our resource needs and anticipate potential roadblocks. Finally, the STPM needs to be flexible, able to react smoothly when inevitable hiccups occur in projects, and either resolve those problems themselves or bring in the necessary people to help create resolution.
Playwire is a fast-paced business with an ever-expanding portfolio of products designed to increase the digital advertising revenue for our customers and to take the weight of advertising management off those customers’ shoulders. The product and technical development teams are speedy and agile; if you enjoy working with a smart team that faces new project challenges on a weekly basis, then Playwire might be a great home for you.
- Deliver against and support the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Playwire’s in-app ad stack in alignment with strategic company goals.
- Research, develop and test new and innovative bespoke ad products to enhance user experience and drive monetization
- Establish metrics to ensure the products are launched on schedule.
- Work closely with the SVP of Product and VP of Software Engineering to maintain the schedule for technical development.
- Develop detailed feature requirements and strategic roadmaps.
- Communicate with developers to understand the effort and resources needed for each project, using video chat, text chat, email, and documentation tools.
- Prioritize and communicate user and technical product requirements to various engineering teams.
- Stay in daily communication with developers and designers to make sure projects are executing on expected timelines, and to quickly recognize problems when they occur.
- Keep stakeholders apprised of project progress and expected releases.
- Maintain scope of projects, preventing scope creep from threatening release dates or project coherency.
- Recognize miscommunication between stakeholders and developers, or areas where requirements might need to evolve due to surprises or oversights and rectify those situations.
- Keep the customer service and marketing departments apprised of upcoming features.
- 5+ years of Technical or Product experience
- Prior experience with iOS and Android mobile app advertising, either from implementing it into applications for which you were responsible, or from developing the technology involved in ad requesting, response handling, and playback.
- Experience with mobile display and video advertising technology, units, terminology, and standards, such as VAST, MRAID, and VPAID.
- Demonstrated communication skills in various forms of writing and spoken communication, particularly communication regarding technical matters
- Experience writing marketing and technical product requirements
- Experience working in an agile environment, applying agile project management principles and tools.
- Capability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks
- Passion for identifying and solving user problems
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with non-native and open-source mobile application frameworks such as Unity and React Native
- Exposure and/or experience with OTT
- Software development experience
- Experience in business process mapping
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time