- Agile: 2 years (Preferred)
- Business process mapping: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently seeking a Business Analyst. The Business Analyst works with product owners, internal stakeholders, and external users to document business needs and define solutions via in-depth investigation and gathering of technical and non-technical information. When the issue is clearly understood, the BA will outline detailed requirements for a solution and work with senior management to ensure the delivered solution meets those business requirements. They’ll also validate resources, develop cost estimates, and prepare reports for senior management, advising them on the best allocation of resources to accomplish company and team objectives.
The Business Analyst is a strong communicator who excels at working collaboratively. They’ll work with the product team to determine how to best build and support what the product manager is requesting on behalf of customers and the market. They’ll apply their excellent communication and organizational skills to create and propose improved business processes and new products and services.
The BA will frequently consult with our engineering team, providing background and context for project requirements while identifying and documenting any internal challenges, technical restraints, or known risks. At their best, Business Analysts aid Playwire as a whole in the development of better products, processes, technology, and services.
Playwire is a fast-paced business with an ever-expanding portfolio of products designed to increase the digital advertising revenue for our customers and to take the weight of advertising management off those customers’ shoulders. The product and technical development teams are speedy and agile; if you enjoy working with a smart team that faces new project challenges on a weekly basis, then Playwire might be a great home for you.
- Gather critical information from meetings with product owners and stakeholders, and produce useful summaries and reports. Provide resources and guidance to other Product Owners and Business Analysts on the product team.
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimates
- Work with Product Owners to differentiate user requests from the underlying true needs. Then meet with key stakeholders to convert high-level business and user requirements into prioritized business and functional requirements.
- Lead design discussions with technical and functional stakeholders and users to analyze functionality, technical evaluation, and integration needs. Use this information to clarify, refine and document requirements.
- Simplify information and decipher technical jargon so it is easily understood by the whole team
- Understand company objectives as well as where the broader industry direction to assist in providing a strategic perspective to meeting current and future client needs
- Research business requirements, document user stories, test cases and collaborate with product managers and developers to estimate level of effort
- Work closely with the product owner and development teams to ensure products meet the business needs. Create detailed functional requirements documents.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Differentiate user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Keep track of monthly and quarterly product performance by comparing actuals versus expectations. Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
- Generate routine project status reports in the format and within the timelines requested by management
- Use analytical and interpersonal skills, to highlight and reconcile conflicts and cope with rapidly changing information
- Thorough understanding of how to translate requirements into user stories, tasks, and acceptance criteria
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- At least two (2) years’ experience in business or systems analysis
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong technical verbal and written communication skills
- Effective stakeholder engagement
- Inquisitive, strong attention to detail, and good judgment
- Experience working in an agile environment, applying agile principles and tools
- Capability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks
- Passion for identifying and solving user problems
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks to successful and timely completion
Nice To Haves:
- Exposure and/or experience with display and video advertising technology, units, terminology, and standards, such as VAST, MRAID, and VPAID
- Exposure and/or experience with app or OTT
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
- Software development experience
- Experience in business process mapping
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.