LAST UPDATED: December 12, 2019
For our policy regarding children users, please click here.
A. WHAT INFORMATION PLAYWIRE MEDIA COLLECTS FROM YOU
Playwire Media may collect two (2) types of information about you: Personal and Non-Personal.
1. “Personal Information.” Personal Information refers to information that lets Playwire Media know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you or a business interested in our Services (e.g. name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address). Playwire Media may collect Personal Information when you use the Playwire Media Properties including, without limitation, setting up account information, filling out surveys, corresponding with Playwire Media, or otherwise volunteering information about yourself.
2. “Non-Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g. demographic information or website visitations). Playwire Media may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below.
B. HOW PLAYWIRE MEDIA COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
The Personal Information practices set forth apply to all of Playwire Media’s customers worldwide.
1. Registration. Prior to using one or more of the Playwire Media Properties, Playwire Media may require certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an individual account (“Account”) or to enable features or functionality of the Playwire Media Properties. Failure to provide all required information required by Playwire Media may prevent access to any or all Playwire Media Properties, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to any or all Playwire Media Properties.
2. Information Provided by You. While you are able to visit the Playwire Media Sites and remain anonymous, Playwire Media or its third party service providers may still collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the Playwire Media Properties (e.g. your Internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your Internet service provider).
3. Collection of Information by Third Parties. Playwire Media works with advertisers, ad agencies, third party traffic measurement services and other service providers to serve advertisements on the websites within the Playwire Media Ad Network and to gather information regarding traffic on those websites, including the pages viewed and the actions users take when visiting those websites. To make this work, our service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons) and may collect or have access to your device identifier and usage information. For ad campaigns that are intended for children-directed sites, we take measures (including activating all available child-directed tags and settings) to ensure that our service providers have disabled any and all forms of behaviorally-targeted advertising and sensitive ad-content categories, and that the child’s anonymous browsing information is only used for permissible internal support operations in accordance with COPPA (i.e.., contextual advertising, ad capping, etc.). Playwire Media may share non-personal usage information with third party advertising companies, analytics providers and other vendors to provide these services.
Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
(a) Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Playwire Media Sites. Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Playwire Media Properties unavailable to you. Playwire Media respects the user’s wish for anonymity and avoiding cookies. Click on the following link and Playwire Media’s Adserver will no longer place cookies on your computer: //www.aboutads.info/choices.
Playwire Media may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, //www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
(b) IP Address. You may visit many areas of the Playwire Media Sites anonymously without the need to become a registered User. Even in such cases, Playwire Media may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin Services with an Internet services provider. Each time you access the Playwire Media Sites and each time you request one of Playwire Media’s pages, the server logs your IP address.
(c) Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. Playwire Media may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that Playwire Media sends to Users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
(d) Tracking Content Usage. If you use the Playwire Media Services and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation, text, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, “Content”) to your website or to a third party website, Playwire Media tracks and captures Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content.
C. HOW PLAYWIRE MEDIA USES YOUR INFORMATION
1. System Administration. Playwire Media may use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with Playwire Media servers, monitoring Playwire Media’s system performance and traffic on the Playwire Media Properties and to gather broad demographic information about Playwire Media customers.
3. Notices to Registered Users. If you have registered for an Account, Playwire Media may use your Personal Information to send e-mails regarding your registration, including confirmation to verify the accuracy of any information you have provided, and instructions on how to post Content. Playwire Media may also send you e-mails to verify your identity or to notify you if Playwire Media believes your use of Playwire Media Properties violates any applicable agreement for the use of the Playwire Media Properties.
4. Advertising. Playwire Media may use Non-Personal Information to assist in optimizing the delivery of advertisements to viewers of your Content. As noted above, if your Content is directed to children users, these advertisements will not be behaviorally targeted.
5. Promotional E-mails. Playwire Media may use your Personal Information to send you e-mails periodically listing promotions or events relating to the Playwire Media Properties or from Playwire Media’s marketing partners or sponsors. You have the choice to opt-out of receiving such promotional e-mails by sending an e-mail to email@example.com and/or following the instructions in such correspondence. Once Playwire Media’s has processed your opt-out request, Playwire Media will not send you promotional e-mails unless you opt back in to receiving such communications.
6. Contact Information. If you contact Playwire Media by telephone, e-mail or letter, Playwire Media may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. If you report a problem with the Playwire Media Properties, Playwire Media may collect this information in a file specific to you. You may contact Playwire Media at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from Playwire Media’s database.
D. HOW TO ACCESS AND CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, Playwire Media shall allow Users to update or correct Personal Information previously submitted, but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Additionally, upon request, Playwire Media shall delete Personal Information from the database where such information is stored; however, it may be impossible to entirely delete a User’s entry without some residual information being retained due to the manner in which data backups are maintained. Requests to delete Personal Information shall be submitted to email@example.com.
E. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Playwire Media does not sell, trade or rent Personal Information collected through the Playwire Media Properties to any third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Playwire Media shall: (1) fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies; and (2) may be required to disclose Personal Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.
F. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Security Measures. Playwire Media takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) Playwire Media’s data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Playwire Media stores Personal Information. All Playwire Media employees, contractors and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution or unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information.
2. Third Party Links. The Playwire Media Properties may contain links to third parties who may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information directly from you. Additionally, Playwire Media may use third parties to provide components of the Playwire Media Properties. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of Playwire Media. Playwire Media: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
H. SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
Except as explained under Section B.3 above, use of the Playwire Media Properties is not intended for minors under the age of 18 (“Minors”). Minors are not authorized by Playwire Media to use the Playwire Media Properties, even if Minors set up an Account or accept the terms of any agreement for Playwire Media Properties. Parents or guardians may authorize Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 to use the Playwire Media Properties, provided they assume all responsibility and legal liability for the conduct of such Minor including, without limitation, monitoring the Minor’s access and use of the Playwire Media Properties.
Playwire Media does not intentionally collect nor maintain any personally identifiable information from Minors. If you discover your Minor child has submitted his/her information to Playwire Media, you may request to have such information deleted from Playwire’s database by sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the e-mail address that was submitted by the Minor. Upon receiving the request, Playwire Media shall delete such information within twenty (20) business days. If Playwire Media learns that a Minor is using the Playwire Media Properties, Playwire Media will require verified parental or guardian consent, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). To learn more about COPPA, consult this simple one-page informational guide from the kidSAFE Seal Program: //www.kidsafeseal.com/knowaboutcoppa.html
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with Playwire, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to Playwire, Attn: California Inquiry, 1000 E Hillsboro Blvd. Suite 103, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441. Please allow 30 days for a response. If you are a California resident, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Note that fulfilment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). Playwire does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, Safari allows you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
J. CONTACT PLAYWIRE MEDIA
Playwire Media, LLC
1000 E Hillsboro Blvd. Suite 103
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441