An Unlikely Hero
The moment that it became clear that the digital landscape as we’ve always known it would soon no longer include the collection of third-party cookies, there began an industry-wide search to find a new way to continue safely and effectively identifying and collecting user data. From that search emerged an unlikely hero: hashed email.
HASHED EMAIL API
What is it?
Playwire's Hashed Email API turns a user's email address into an encrypted identifier, and then shares that identifier up the chain with media buyers. Everybody wins:
- Media buyers can better target ads, and so are willing to spend more.
- User data is completely protected.
The Benefits of Hashed Email
Sessions with a hashed email address generate 2x higher CPMs on average.
Why? Advertisers will pay more for:
- Cross-device and cross-browser tracking.
- More reliable tracking than third-party cookies.
- More accuracy when defining audience segments.
What Makes Playwire's Solution Unique?
In addition to the benefits listed above, Playwire’s Hashed Email API includes:
- Simple on-page code implementation
- Increased reliability
- Privacy law compliance
- Better audience segmentation via integration with our proprietary DMP
- Data collaboration with major identity providers including LiveRamp and The Trade Desk