Senior Data Engineer
Full Job Description
Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, Playwire seeks a Senior Data Engineer to be an important part of the team that owns our data infrastructure. As an AdTech company, data is our lifeblood, and there's a lot of it. In this role, you’ll be designing the nextgen data platform, establishing the best data engineering practices and engaging cutting edge big data technologies, alongside ingesting, processing, storing, analyzing, and working with big data. You will also gain exposure to our machine learning efforts as it's a vital part of our Revenue Intelligence product.
We want people who are disciplined but also creative, and unafraid to jump into projects that will be seen and used by millions of people. You'll immediately be a key member of an Agile development team with a wide variety of responsibilities and opportunities. This position requires full-time employment; availability at our main office in Boca Raton, FL is preferred, but remote work is a possibility.
- Design and build a data platform based on Data Mesh and Kappa architectures.
- Develop data pipelines to perform various tasks, from reading Kinesis streams, joining and aggregating huge data sets, to integrating with third party data sources
- Introduce and keep up solid data organization driven by Glue/Athena and Snowflake
- Implement data governance practices like data cleansing, eviction and data quality monitoring
- Develop and launch new features to adapt to evolving business needs
- Be an active and engaged owner of our data platform
- Be curious and seek to understand all aspects of our business
- Maintain high standards of code quality, and encourage the same by mentoring and providing constructive code reviews to collaborators
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across various
- Collaborate with Data Science, Product, Research, and Engineering teams to iterate on
- the roadmap
- Gather requirements when underspecified
- Solid development experience with Python
- Strong knowledge with one of the data processing frameworks like Spark, Flink or Beam
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience in data warehousing and data lake technologies as well as back-end reporting systems
- Familiarity with data modeling fundamentals like Snowflake schema and normalized/denormalized data
- Experience with building and maintaining continuous integration/delivery ETL pipelines driven by Airflow, Glue or others
- Understanding of distributed computing, microservices, Kappa or Lambda architecture principles
- Strong knowledge of AWS
- Experience participating in code reviews
- Must be a strong written and verbal communicator
- Familiarity with Snowflake database technology
- Familiarity with Kappa architecture
- Experience with real-time data analytics and processing technologies
- Experience with CloudFormation and IaC approach
- Experience in the advertising industry is a plus
- Experience with Machine Learning
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.