Full Job Description
Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for you…
Playwire is a full-service digital innovation partner that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, we are currently seeking
a Frontend Developer. The ideal candidate is disciplined but also creative, and unafraid to jump into projects that will be seen and used by millions of people. You'll immediately be an important member of a development team with a wide variety of responsibilities and opportunities.
- Implement functional interfaces based upon mockups.
- Create and maintain UI consistency throughout the service.
- Collaborate closely with UI/UX designer, providing feedback on timelines and difficulty for various UI approaches, and recommending UIs that fit in well with good technical practices
- Stay on top of innovations in frameworks, CSS, and Web frontend development, and recommend changes to our practices to Engineering leads.
- Provide guidance and best practices to other members of the team that work on the service, regarding how they implement the frontend.
- 3+ years of frontend development on a complex application.
- Deep knowledge of frontend design patterns.
- Demonstrable past experience owning a frontend and establishing best practices and a technical “style guide.”
- Demonstrated experience building out complicated UIs (e.g., utilizing drag and drop features and other heavily dynamic and interactive elements)
- Specific UI/UX training.
- Demonstrated ability to translate mockups into functional interfaces.
- Experience working in a team using Agile development and project management practices.
- Experience using source control, particularly git and Github.
- Basic, but demonstrable, knowledge of Ruby on Rails, and ability to produce code within that framework, even extending past the view down to the model and controller.
- Experience implementing analytics frontends.
- Experience with automated frontend testing.
- Experience with digital ad servers.
- Experience with digital advertising units, terminology, and standards.
- Experience implementing new frontend frameworks within existing systems.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice