Increase ad revenue at scale across web and app while maximizing user experience and quality.
Implement Playwire’s RAMP platform along with Revenue intelligence and Direct Sales services.
The result was an increase to the company’s monthly ad revenue by over 230%.
Chess.com started in 2005 when two friends decided the world needed a better chess website. There were places to play online, but none of them felt like home.
Chess.com hosts more than ten million chess games every day and employs more than 200 people. They also support more than 50 world-class chess players, coaches, and professionals by paying them to create awesome content.
Chess chose Playwire for their:
- Innovative ad tech platform (RAMP)
- Unparalleled direct sales relationships
- Revenue Intelligence - unified optimization and insights
Playwire’s approach focused on three core elements:
- Higher yields. Playwire's approach combines machine learning with yield optimization expertise to drive significantly higher revenue on current inventory while also finding new monetization opportunities
- Premium user experience. Quality advertising, from non-intrusive ads, and fast load times, to brand-safe creative and relevant messaging.
- Connection to more partners. Playwire’s direct sales team and experienced support staff tapped relevant brand partnerships and seamlessly integrated ads into publishers’ content across numerous channels.
“Chess.com had so much potential to earn more from their huge, engaged audience. With our full service offering including our RAMP platform, Revenue Intelligence technology, and direct Sales team, we not only optimized the ads they already had in place, but we amplified their entire advertising operation with innovative solutions they couldn’t have created on their own.”
Playwire’s Revenue Intelligence monetization strategy was then implemented, which increased the company’s monthly ad revenue by over 230%. Playwire’s turnkey solution ensures Chess.com runs optimized ad campaigns while allowing the company to focus on producing more content and growing its user base.